Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Over the back fence

I sometimes get the feeling that Maureen and I are like two housewives talking over the back fence. By the way, Maureen we would like to have some of your piano playing back on your blog.
I play only one style but I thought, just for a challenge, I would take full advantage of the tutorials and learn one selection totally unlike mine. It would be one that I could sit down and play if I found a piano while walking through the mall and I would totally fool the bystanders.Sort of like Craig when he decided to learn Hill Street Blues out of my music book. He had done nothing before and nothing since. He did it for a Talent Show in a Youth Group activity. Weeks later when the regular pianist was sick they came and asked Craig to play for the church service.

1 comment:

  1. I think so, too! (I just read your post about the haddock fiasco. I can totally relate!)

    Piano music, good idea - maybe I should branch out, too. Learn something jazzy, rather than classical...

    ReplyDelete