Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Meals

I thought I had it figured out. Not so. Tonight I decided to wait until Garry arrived before I started supper. (you never know...he may have eaten someplace else)..Shirley had enlightened about cooking haddock...and Dorie introduced me to frozen veges that look like you just brought them in from the garden. They went into a double boiler...and I started the fish.This involved a procession line of egg. milk ,flour, and cracker crumbs landing in a dish with melted butter. By this time I was feeling a little disgruntled about starting supper at 7.pm. I was even more so when I realized I boiled the pot dry under the vegetables.. Things got worse when I sat down to eat and realize they tasted like the bottom of an ash tray. The fish was mediocre...but then in my rush to stay ahead of the clean up process I picked up the dish (still hot from the oven) with my bare fingers...ouch. Sometimes I hate cooking.
You realize I'm exaggerating this whole thing . ...I'm just amusing you ...but it did happen that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment