Monday, December 14, 2009

Avocado and shrimp.This picture gives you a hint of the great meal we had at George's last night. They decided to get really adventuresome in spite of the "meat and potatoes "appetite of a couple of their guests. It's just items we don't have at home and if we did they wouldn't taste the same. (like the chinese food that's in our fridge left over from our employee party)

The fire place was crackling away beside the dinner table..I'm getting quite rosy here. The cream puff was luscious. Almond something cooked and added to the whipped cream. A glaze dribbled over the top under the sliced almonds.
Did I ever tell you that I don't believe I've ever had George and Betty here for a meal...in our 35 years of friendship. I can't seem to get past the barrier of fear of comparison.. Need I elaborate on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment